Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- You can have water, and only water, for up to 2 hours prior to surgery.
- For example, if your surgery is at 9 am, please no food or drink after 1 am and only water up until 7am. Nothing by mouth between 7 and 9am.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home. We ask that escorts not come into the office during this unprecedented time.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- For female patients, please alert an office member if there is any chance that you are pregnant.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Strawn prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Please Don't Hesitate To Give Us A Call With Any Questions Or Concerns!
Maui Jaw Surgical Institute Phone Number (808) 242-0077 Book Online