Same Day Dental Implants
Same-day dental implants are an ideal solution for many of our patients considering full arch dental implants who want quick results. Same-day teeth are convenient and give you a beautiful, functional smile in less time than traditional implant surgery.
Traditional implant procedures require months of healing after the teeth are extracted, followed by another waiting period after the implants are placed. This can take anywhere from 6-8 months.
After an initial consultation with Dr. Strawn, the extraction, implant placement, and attachment of full arch dental prosthetics are done within a 24 hour period. Same-day dental implants eliminate lengthy wait times. Patients walk out of Maui Jaw Surgical Institute ready to get functional replacement teeth within 24 hours.
Are You Missing Teeth?
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Are You a Good Candidate for Full Arch Same-Day Dental Implants?
You may be a candidate for same-day dental implants if you:
- Need to replace all of your teeth or have severely damaged teeth that must be extracted
- Have a strong jawbone that supports the implants
- Want permanent replacement teeth in less time
- Do not have gum disease
- Do not have bruxism or grind your teeth
- Do not have medical issues such as bleeding disorders, uncontrolled diabetes, or cancer
- Want a simpler, easy-care alternative to bridges or dentures
- Dental implants prevent jawbone deterioration
- Implants preserve the facial appearance, preventing a prematurely aged look
- A beautiful smile on the same day as implant surgery
- The implants fuse easily with the jawbone
Same-Day Dental Implant Process
Your initial consultation with Dr. Strawn includes a complete dental exam, x-rays, 3D imaging, and a medical history review. Dr. Strawn will then explain the procedure and schedule a convenient day for surgery.
On the day of surgery, Dr. Strawn will review the procedure with you to put you at ease before surgery. She will administer anesthesia, typically IV sedation or general anesthesia. A topical anesthetic is applied to the teeth and gums as well.
Any remaining teeth are extracted, the dental implants are placed in the jawbone, and the gums are stitched together over the base of the implants. An abutment (a small metal pin) is inserted into the center of the implant. You will see your regular dentist the very next morning and temporary crowns or a dental prosthetic are attached. So within 24 hours, you will already have functional replacement teeth.
You wear your temporary teeth while your permanent, full arch dental prosthetic is crafted at a dental lab. When your permanent teeth are finished, the temporary ones are removed and the permanent ones are attached.
A follow-up appointment ensures your implants are healing properly.
Advantages of Same-Day Teeth
Although same-day dental implants are not appropriate for everyone, they have distinct advantages for most individuals.
- Fewer trips to the dentist
- Quicker recovery time
- The implant fuses more readily to the jawbone
- The gums and soft tissues heal more easily
- Placing an implant on the day of extraction reduces the risk of infection or contamination of empty teeth sockets
If you have hesitated to get dental implants because you do not want to commit to a series of procedures that can take up to a year for results, same-day teeth may change your mind. Same-day dental implants have an impressive success rate between 95-98%. Contact our office at Maui Jaw Surgical Institute Phone Number (808) 242-0077 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Strawn.